This 90-minute webinar will guide you through the critical steps in ensuring strong controls for the Accounts Payable (AP) function and provide practical ‘how to’ guidance for minimizing your organization’s exposure to AP fraudsters.
Why Should you Attend:
According to the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, businesses suffer an average of $155,000 every time an insider commits fraud. More disturbing: Billing schemes are by far the most common fraud schemes threatening organizations, making up nearly one-third of the total. Adding to the problem, check fraud is rising at a rate of 25% per year and criminals are coming up with new high-tech ways of hijacking corporate ACH (Automated Clearing House) accounts.
In this 90-minute session, participants will learn how to identify different varieties of AP-related fraud schemes damaging organizations of all kinds, including small businesses and non-profits. You will learn to determine how shrewd fraudsters abuse the AP process to embezzle funds for years before being detected and how to shorten the time before discovery. This training will enable you to quickly recognize the red flags of AP fraud in your operations and financial records and will assist in providing cost-effective anti-fraud controls to protect against the growing army of fraudsters both inside and outside your organizations.
- Conduct a quick and cost-effective fraud risk assessment for client AP operations
- Implement effective AP fraud detection techniques and build audit practices to detect red flags of AP fraud
- Implement best-practice anti-fraud control strategies for AP
- Advise management on fraud risk mitigation through transaction monitoring, technology/information technology tools and low-cost internal controls
- Recommend better anti-fraud management structure (Board of Directors/Executive Management, Line Management, Compliance, General Counsel, etc.)