This webinar will review the regulations and guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for work with biological materials and, specifically, with blood borne pathogens.
This webinar will review how best to approach biosafety and implement an effective management program for blood borne infections, safety and health, laboratory safety, infectious material and blood infection. If you work in a laboratory exposed to viruses or bacteria that are biological hazards and are searching for a better way to manage your Biosafety program, this webinar will help give you the framework to set up a successful management policy.
- Principles of biosafety and blood borne pathogens
- Risk groups for biological materials
- Biosafety containment levels for work with biological materials
- Engineering controls and key differences between a biosafety cabinet and a chemical fume hood
- Universal precautions to prevent infection
- Personal protective equipment and clothing
- Sharps management
- Signage and labeling
- Waste and spill management
- EHS Staff
- Occupational Health Staff
- Laboratory Staff
- Team Leads
- Business Owners