Businesses have enough problems today without some employees being the best thing that ever happened to their competition. You don’t want to give your employees a workplace in which high performers are frustrated, mistreated and can’t function at their best.
Every workplace culture has its share of favoritism, office politics and dysfunction. After all employees are people too and every group of people whether a workplace or a bowling team creates its own norms. But when the workplace culture sours and runs amok; denigrating into a survivalist culture that lessens productivity, stifles creativity and causes talented skilled employees to leave, the culture has become lopsided in the favor of who is usually a mere few disgruntled manipulative disrupters.
Being able to manipulate others should not be a job reward, but to manipulators, it one of their most treasured rewards. These employees are incredibly damaging to your organization by failing to think about what they are doing to the company (and its people), the ramifications of their tactics, their killing off innovation and chasing off talent that does not want to engage in such team disrupting tactics.
Why You Should Attend:
If you do not build such an organization or allow one to flourish by rewarding such machinations you will not have one to dismantle. However, if you do have one, you want to dismantle it quickly. Because just as talented people, can always find another place to work, so can the uniquely skilled employees, and the good team players. Which means the talented employees with great skills and the ability to work well on a team; the ones you want to keep? Well they very well might leave and it’s just a matter of when. At the very least, those critical employees are very susceptible to your competitor’s recruiting efforts. Those valuable employees just don’t want nor have to put up with manipulative actions, unethical office politics, and general unethical and unfair treatment.
So, whom does that leave you? Yes, those same few employees who are going to behave the same way with the new talent you’ll go to great lengths to find. Attend this webinar if you are looking for understanding of how to better safeguard your organization from unethical office politics, favoritism, manipulative disrupters and how to develop an ethics based workplace.
Areas Covered in the Session :
- Don’t build it and they won’t come (or stay) – how to proof your workplace from turning into a vulnerable workplace
- Compliance problems that can arise from dysfunctional cultures
- How to start to change the “Fort Building and Silo Building mentality” and just as importantly – what Not to do
- How to spot the real troublemakers (generally not whom you think) before they gain traction
- Changing the culture from within, not from outside
- How you reward the disgruntled disrupters without realizing
- Leadership styles and responsibility to thwart politics, communication silos, and favoritism
- Recognizing and handling everyday common workplace trivialities and aggravations before they grow into something more serious
- Workplaces and workspaces – dissuading, even dismantling “Fort Builder’s “Tools of the Trade”
Who Should Attend:
- HR Generalists and Associates
- HR Leaders and Team Leads
- Regulatory Compliance Managers and Associates
- Employee Relations
- Branch Managers
- Business Owners
- Branch or Division Managers
- Everyone who writes workplace investigative reports