R&D activities are varied and many across the development process. When done correctly, these activities can be harnessed to provide valuable input to the risk analysis process, creating a seamless and robust risk analysis that is coherent with development and leads to stronger innovation.
You will understand how to conduct research activities and harness useful data from these activities to mitigate risk and create good design requirements. You will learn how to use this information to drive the development activities to be more efficient and result in a higher level of innovation. You will be able to create a group of colleagues and assign specific roles to execute these activities. You will also get worksheets and other tools to guide you as you undertake these research activities to support risk analysis.
- The role engineering plays in risk management
- ISO 14971 definitions of risk management items
- Where risk activities fit into the development process
- How design development tasks lead to risk mitigation
- A short case study on risk mitigation
- Research and Development Departments
- Program Managers
- Project Managers
- Engineering Directors
- Lead Engineers
- Senior Engineers
- Senior Designers