Wrongful termination claims are increasing exponentially and is catching employers by surprise. With sympathetic juries and high verdicts, employers must know the tools they have to avoid these types of claims.
In this program, you wil learn the different types of wrongful termination claims available to an employee, identify the hot issue buttons for these claims, and lean how to avoid them. Topics range from discrimination, accommodation, and effects of wrongful employment practices.
Areas Covered in the Session :
By attending this training session, you and/or your team will be able to identify and understand:
- The risks and scope of employment liability claims.
- Federal laws prohibiting wrongful termination claims.
- Key areas in the employment relationship that are vulnerable to wrongful termination claims.
- Forms of discrimination and learn the key defense to such claims.
- Common landmines the trigger wrongful termination claims.
- Federally-protected leaves of absences – and how to not violate them.
Who Should Attend:
- Senior Managers
- Business Owners
- Hiring Managers
- All HR Professionals
- Compensation Specialists
- Compliance Officers