This webinar will define human factors engineering and its role in the success of new product development. The session will use real world examples to demonstrate how human factors engineering makes a significant.
Human factors engineering is extremely integral to user/market adoption. Getting a product to market is difficult whether you are a struggling startup or an established original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Understanding some of the tools available on the front end of product development might help you avoid downstream problems, before they become time and money wasters. Human factors engineering is one such tool. Human factors engineering will consider issues such as how people interact with your device so that the product is used correctly – every single time. It may include building in safe guards that prevent misuse, especially important with devices used in life and death environments. This webinar will address the integration of human factors into all phases of product life cycle.
- Define human factors engineering and its important role in the success of new product development.
- Demonstrate with real world examples how human factors engineering makes a significant impact on design inputs.
- Gain understanding of where it is used in the process
Areas Covered in the Session :
Designing a solution without considering how someone may use it is potentially dangerous and can (significantly) impact market adoption. Some of the issues we will discuss include:
- What is human factors engineering?
- What role does human factors engineering play in the product development cycle?
- How do you implement it in your product development plan?
Attendees should review the following website: http://my.aami.org/aamiresources/previewfiles/HE75_1311_preview.pdf
Who Should Attend:
- Design Managers
- Managers of R&D
- Directors of R&D
- VP’s of R&D
- Program Managers
- Product marketing