This course is a comprehensive review of the changes made to ISO/IEC 17025 during its recent revision. In this course, you will be guided through the impact to your existing ISO/IEC 17025 compliant system, as well as the necessary steps to ensure compliance to the new standard.
Why You Should Attend:
ISO/IEC 17025:2005 is the international standard for the General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories and is in the process of being updated and revised. The new version is expected to be released sometime in 2017. What are the changes and how will they impact your current Quality Management System? Similarly, developing a QMS is a prerequisite for getting accredited. What are the new requirements that need to be addressed? This webinar will discuss the changes in the standard and their impact on your QMS.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Many laboratories have successfully developed and implementing a functional quality management system that not only complies with the management and technical requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2005 but also meets their needs. Some are still struggling to get accredited and even those already accredited still have issues as evidenced by the number of non-conformances cited during the subsequent biannual audits.
- Have the rules changed? Recall the differences between ISO/IEC 172025:2005 and the newly revised version, ISO/IEC 17025:2017
- What are the new requirements of ISO/IEC 17015:2017?
- Identify the new documents and records required by the standard
- How does the new standard impact laboratories that are already accredited and how do you ensure staff adherence and ongoing compliance to minimize corrective actions arising from accreditation audits?
- Implement a quality documentation transition plan to ensure compliance with the newly revised standard
- Defining a QMS
- Management Components of a QMS
- New and revised Quality Management Requirements
- Technical Components of a QMS
- New and revised Technical Requirements
- Method Selection, Validation and Verification
- Ensuring analytical competency
- Identifying adjustments to your existing ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Quality Documentation
Who Should Attend:
- Laboratory Managers
- QA Managers
- QC Analysts
- Laboratories accredited to ISO/IEC 17025:2005
- Laboratories seeking to become accredited to ISO/IEC 17025