These days a huge role of HR Management is managing projects. Today’s projects often include technology considerations and cross-functional teams and grow increasingly complicated with each new project.
Managing projects requires the organization of people, equipment, resources and procedures in an appropriate way to get a project completed within a set timeframe and budget. While traditional organizational skills are helpful in any project, today they are not enough, and those skills require an occasional upgrade.
Documentation is also critical to project management but the documentation needs for projects may be very different from what HR is used to producing for employment related matters.
At the end of this webinar, you will have a good understanding of project management methodology necessary to plan better projects and experience better project outcomes.
- Considerations of planning a project.
- A project life cycle including analysis, planning, design and evaluation.
- Review of project management methodology, toolsets and documentation.
- Know how a project management life cycle is completed through using project management methodology.
- Gain an understanding of project management tools;
- GANTT charts
- Managing the psychology of projects.
- Dealing with stallers, stumpers, blockers and objectors.
- Dealing with a project “double agent” or “hostile stakeholder(s).”
- Elements necessary to make a business case for a project.
- Make it easier to work with IT by understanding the different phases of a system development life cycle.
- Human Resources Professionals
- Self-taught project managers seeking enrichment training and new skills.
- Project teams having trouble juggling their tasks and responsibilities
- Professionals who have to manage projects, work on others projects, serve on cross-functional teams in any capacity
- Professionals who serve in a consulted role for others projects
- Professionals with limited experience in spearheading a project
- Anyone about to step into a project manager role for the first time.
- Anyone who works regularly with vendors