A Highly regarded talk during recently held ASQ World Conference on Quality and Improvement. This course is meant to be a needed introduction to risk management for a broader range of professionals.
Risk Elimination. Risk Management. Risk Mitigation. These words are an increasingly important part of the lexicon of executive level management as they strive to succeed in a business environment having global competition, geographically diverse suppliers and new technologies. Attendees will learn what goes into a successful risk management program as well as, how to identify, assess and mitigate risk in their environment. The different categories of risk will be discussed and practical application of various risk assessment tools will be shared. This is an ideal session for project managers, quality professionals and administrative staff.
Risk management, from public safety to fiscal accountability related, is at the core of every successful enterprise. Risk management, like Lean implementation takes place throughout all locations and activities of an organization. Unlike Lean training, which when properly deployed is conducted at varying levels of intensity from the executive level on down to the front line operator on the floor; risk management training is much more restricted, typically within the engineering and/or project management disciplines.
- Risk Management Overview
- Risk assessment tools
- What makes a robust risk management program
- Common pitfalls to avoid
- Integration of risk management with other systems
- How to assess and improve your risk management program
- How to do an FMEA
- How to select the right risk assessment tool
- How to develop a risk matrix and risk assessment worksheet
- Project and Program Management Teams
- Operations Management Teams
- Quality Managers
- Quality Engineers
- Safety and Quality Auditors
- Administrative Staff
- Production Supervisors
- Anyone working in a regulated industry