This course examines the concepts and applied techniques for cost estimation, risk management and quality assurance for clinical research projects. Project management principles and methodology are provided with special focus on planning, controlling, and coordinating individual and group efforts. Key topics include overview of modern project management in clinical trials, organization strategy and project selection, defining a project and developing a project plan and scheduling resources, project risk analysis, work breakdown structures, and project networks. Mastery of key tools and concepts introduced in this course and development of the skills vital to effective management of multidisciplinary tasks through lectures, case studies and discussions will provide a significant competitive advantage in the marketplace for clinical research professionals.
- Describe project management as it applies to clinical research and in the management of clinical trials
- Identify how project managers develop high performance project teams
- Develop a project plan and work breakdown structure
- Identify process mapping tools used in clinical research
- Recognize the importance of effective project schedules
- Identify clinical trial project budgetary needs
- Identify performance metrics and utilize effectively to monitor project
- Management of vendors within a clinical trial for optimal oversight and outcomes
- Implement successful project closure and lessons learned
- Prioritization and strategies in planning clinical studies
- Recourses allocation
- Outsourcing strategy
- Assigning role and responsibilities of study team members
- Cost estimation and budgets for clinical project
- Establishing schedules, timelines to meet corporate goals
- Risk Management and Quality Assurance strategies
Dr. Marina Malikova
Ph.D., MSci, MA, CCRA, RAC
Dr. Marina Malikova has over twenty years of experience in the clinical research field. She has managed Phase I – IV studies involving investigational drugs, devices and biologics. She has worked on Industry-sponsored and Investigator-initiated trials in the fields of Surgery, Cancer Diagnostics and Interventional Radiology.
Dr. Malikova graduated from the Institute of Biochemistry, Russian Academy of Science, in Moscow, Russia with a PhD in Biochemistry. She also holds a Master’s Degree in Clinical Investigation and Project Management Certification from Boston University.
In her current role as Executive Director, Dr. Malikova manages research efforts in 13 divisions of the Department of Surgery at Boston Medical Center. She is responsible for clinical trials and basic biomedical research operations, quality assurance, risk management, safety monitoring, strategic planning, and macro-management of research programs. She provides guidance and oversight to the Project Managers, Clinical Research Associates (CRAs), Clinical Research Coordinators (CRCs), and laboratory staff. She advises faculty/staff on protocol and informed consent writing; assists with BU IRB applications and submissions; provides oversight for data user agreements, cost coverage analysis and budgets development, contracts and licensing for clinical research; and ensures compliance.
- Make Secure Payment using Credit Card
- Click on Register Now, and you will be redirected to Payment Options page.
- Please choose your option (No. of delegates) from the drop down and click on Add to basket
- Click on Proceed to Checkout on the Cart Page, and complete the registration.
- Once the payment is completed, you will be receiving a Form to fill up the Delegates Information
- An electronic event pass (eTicket) will be sent to the email addresses associated with the registered delegates, 5 working days before the seminar date.
- Please bring the respective passes to the event venue.
Pay by Wire:
- Please contact our support to assist you with registration by Wire
- Support Number: +1-416-915-4458
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Pay your check to (payee name) “FutureCorp Consulting Inc” our parent company
- Please send the Scanned copy of the check to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail the check to:
FutureCorp Consulting Inc
5939, Candlebrook Ct.,
Mississauga, ON L5V 2V5,
- Once we receive the check, you will be receiving a Form to fill up the Delegates Information
- After payment receipt, from the registered attendee, an electronic event pass (eTicket) will be sent to the email addresses associated with the registered delegates, 5 working days before the seminar date. Please bring the respective passes to the event venue.